Tasty Tuesday is back!
Tonight’s dinner was quick, easy and DELICIOUS!! Who would’ve thought to put an egg on smoked salmon. Well it definitely caught my attention when I came across a photo on Pinterest. The recipe initially called for a poached egg, but over-medium eggs are my favorite when it comes to unique recipes. And this recipe only includes 7 ingredients!
- Multigrain Bread (toasted)
- Baby Arugula
- Sliced Avocado
- Smoked Salmon
- Eggs (Over Medium)
- Topped with Salt & Pepper
- While toasting the bread I began prepping the eggs on the stove.
- I allowed the toast to cool, then placed the arugula on top.
- Next I sliced the avocado (make sure it’s nice and ripe). Next layer to place on top of the arugula.
- Flipped the eggs to make sure they were prepped to my liking (I chose over-medium).
- Cut the pre-packaged smoked salmon into squares, then placed onto the avocado.
- We purchased the Vita Classic Atlantic Nova Salmon.
- Finally add your egg on top and sprinkle some salt & pepper.
This meal is perfect for those quick dinner ideas. I enjoyed finding this recipe and plan to make it many more times in the future. I ran into the issue of using an avocado that wasn’t ripe yet, but it still tasted good. I also believe the arugula brought out a lot of flavor to the mix, but the combination of egg and smoked salmon was genius! TA-DA!