I absolutely LOVE cooking up spaghetti squash for dinner! Not only does it taste delicious and it’s healthy for you, but Mason likes it too!! I also notice I feel less full compared to if I ate real pasta. Carbs vs Vegetables…I know what I’ll choose when trying to eat better.
Spaghetti squash is real easy to prepare too! There are normally two different sizes you can buy at your local grocery store and they taste the same either way. I notice our store carries more of the smaller squashes than the larger less yellow ones.
Preparation and baking your squash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash down the middle (long ways) with a sharp knife to create two halves.
- Remove seeds and insides with a spoon.
- Coat the inside with olive oil.
- Cover cooking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Place both halves face down on the sheet (the inside facing down).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once done baking remove and allow time for cool down.
- Use fork to scrap the squash out to serve.
- You can add any sauce and toppings…then enjoy!
*We’ve been using MID’S pasta sauce and we always cook up ground turkey with our meal. I cook the ground turkey in a pan with olive oil, garlic salt and basil, then add sauce to heat it all up together. Minced garlic would probably be yummy too! And any other veggies you’d like to add.