The hospital bag is packed and ready to roll! I’ve had it done for a few weeks now…just in case Brinlee decides to make an early appearance. It feels good knowing I’m prepared to run out the door at a moments notice.
I searched online to review different suggested packing lists. I combined what I found with what I experienced during my first delivery. BTW…if you’re expecting your first baby be aware that you’ll have limited sleep while in the hospital. Get in as much as you can beforehand!
Here are the necessities I’ve packed for my two-night stay in the hospital:
- Paperwork – I pre-registered and had paperwork for Brinlee’s birth certificate.
- Phone & Charger
- Camera & Charger – We had a photographer come to our room and she charged us $100 for 4 photos! We were suckered in, so this time we’re bringing our own camera!
- Medela Breast Pump – I did not think to bring this the first time. My milk didn’t come in right away with Mason, so I want to be prepared in case I need to stimulate milk production this time.
- Toiletries – Include lotion, chapstick, hair ties.
- Panty Liners/Pads – Hospital should provide, but just for back up.
- Nursing Pads
- Brinlee’s Coming Home Outfit
- Mittens – Mason kept scratching himself at the hospital, so we’ll be sure to prevent Brinlee from doing the same thing.
- Blankie/Swaddles/Burp Cloths
- Nursing Tanks and Bras
- Yoga Pants
- My Going Home Outfit
- Belly Bandit – I wore this A LOT when I was healing from my first c-section. Kept everything lifted away from my incision and seemed to assist flattening my tummy too.
- Pillows/Blanket – Convenient for spouse or someone who is staying with you in the hospital.
- Boppy Pillow – I didn’t have the Boppy the first time, but thought it might be helpful for feedings this time around.
- Snacks – I was a fan of the hospital food, but it’s always nice to have some snacks on hand.
- Sibling Goodie Bag
* Hope this was helpful! Please let me know if there was anything else you added to your list.